20031023

Yo! Earthlink! Comcast!

We really really really want a cable modem to get us to Earthlink.

Comcast has the franchise for this area. Comcast used to be AT&T Broadband, who used to be TCI. The cable network here is finally getting upgraded to the point that it will carry digital cable (the reverse path is turned up and aligned so modem upstream signals can get from my house to the headend) so DOCSIS should be supported here any week now.

But I have used Earthlink since 1997. I like it. Barbaloot likes it. I've logged in to it with local numbers in every state I've been to, and one foreign country. I'll need local dialup for travel, in addition to a high-speed connection at home, for the foreseeable future.

I want Earthlink to continue to be my ISP, and I want to reach Earthlink through a cable modem.

Can you two arrange a stock swap or something? Jeebus.

No comments: