20200309

today's panic buying

 . . . at Big Box Retail Home Improvement Retail Operation is for toilet paper (yes, we carry P&G and store brands), paper towels, and bleach.  Customers disappointed with WalMart and the grocery chains got the tipoff that we too carry them, so they bought ours by the cartload.

One troubled young gent left with one cartload, then returned from the parking lot for an encore, while whispering into his phone about it.  Seems that Grandma was caught short too, so he was sent back in to supply her. 

I noticed that the store brand of TP is adorned with a picture of a playful puppy and his chew toy, a blue ball with spikes on it. 


I noted to my customer, "Hey, this even has a picture of a coronavirus on it.  They knew you were coming." 

My customer chuckled. 

He pulled out his debit card a bit too soon so I had to back out of the order and get him to reinsert it to complete the sale. 

No comments: